Cheddleton Flint Mill Industrial Heritage Trust
The Trust has been working to develop its educational
facilities and has been producing new information panels designed
for use in conjunction with educational visits.
We have a lot to offer to educational visitors:
- Chronological Understanding: the development of the mill
complex over c. 800 years.
- Historical Interpretation and Enquiry: from both written and
- The Industrial Revolution: water power, steam power, the
- The Transport Revolution: canals, plateways (and a steam
railway just down the road).
- Social History: a period cottage, the narrow-boat cabin,
- Forces and motion: beautifully demonstrated by our working
- Materials and their properties: many different materials
performing different functions.
- Science in everyday life.
If you are organizing an educational group visit and need
further information, please email us.